Awards and Recommendations
Consistently voted one of the best lodges in Johannesburg on Tripadvisor.com
Top rating on Tripadvisor of over 275 B&Bs and guesthouses in Johannesburg
4 star rated by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
BEE Scoring (Black Economic Empowerment) Liz at Lancaster has a BEE recognition level 4. The business is a good BEE contributor scoring between 65%-75%.
- 2016 Winner of the Luxury Travel Global Award for Johannesburg Luxury Guesthouses
- 2015 edition of Lonely Planet Edition South Africa, Lesotho and Swaziland (p.330) has included us in their stringent selection of B&BS and Guesthouses in Johannesburg
- 2015 National winner for 4 star guesthouse in SA Tourism’s Lilizela Awards
- 2015 Provincial winner for 4 star Guesthouse in SA Tourism’s Lilizela Awards
- 2015 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame Award for being five time winner of Certificate of Excellence 2011 - 2015
- 2014 Accommodation Award Finalist for Service Excellence in the 2nd Lilizela National Tourism Awards
- Winner 2014 20th Accommodation Awards in the category Guesthouse with breakfast
- Winner annually from 2011 to 2015 of TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence
- Provincial finalist in the national 2013 Lilizela Awards in the category 4 star guesthouse
- Winner of 2013 Tripadvisor Traveller’s Choice Award for one of the top 25 B&BS and Inns in South Africa
- Regional Winner in the 2012 AA Quality Assured Accommodation Awards in the category Guesthouse with breakfast
- National Finalist in the 2012 AA Quality Assured Accommodation Awards in the category Guesthouse with breakfast
- Winner of the Travellers Value Award in the 2012 AA Quality Assured Accommodation Awards in the category Top-end Executive and/or Leisure Travelers - City Judged by guest feedback
- Finalist in 2010 and 2011 in the national AA Travel Guides American Express Accommodation Awards in the category: Small guesthouse and self-catering. Judged by guest feedback.
- Special Award 2011 at the AA Travel Guides American Express Accommodation Awards for ‘PEOPLE WHO GO THE EXTRA MILE’
- Also see our reviews on Tripadvisor.
Liz has a special insight into her home city having taught at Wits University for 25 years in art history and then heritage studies. Since leaving Wits in 2005, she has written some pieces for art catalogues and has been a research consultant for heritage impact assessments to establish cultural significance of Johannesburg buildings, sites and spaces.
- Member Gauteng Combined Accommodation Association
- Member Rosebank Region Accommodation Association
- Member Nightsbridge Real Time Availability
For updates on what's in, on and happening in Joburg follow Liz at Lancaster on Facebook, Twitter or see Liz at Lancaster’s blog.