10 reasons to choose a guesthouse for a post-operative stay
- There is the obvious advantage of lower rates at guesthouses as compared to hotels
- Perhaps the biggest advantage is privacy and being able to recuperate out of the public eye. With rooms opening out onto private enclosed courtyards, guests can make the most of fresh air and secluded privacy.
- And during the day when business guests have all gone off to work they can venture further and enjoy a tranquil garden setting with sparkling pool, shaded areas and Joburg’s significant bird-life.
- It’s incredibly peaceful with discreet personal attention. Need help with anything – there is always somebody at hand,
- All units at Liz at Lancaster have intercoms to the main house and staff so there is 24/7 access to Liz, Catherine and Zac all of whom live on site.
- As a registered transport provider Zac provides on-site transport needs: airport transfers, drop-off and collection at the hospital and drives to any attractions or shopping destinations.
- Many guests choose to have their breakfasts served in their rooms or in their patios – at the time of their choice.
- Although Liz at Lancaster also provides healthy post-operative lunches and suppers, with fully equipped kitchenettes in all units, once guests feel strong enough, they really appreciate the flexibility and cost-effectiveness of being able to prepare their own light meals.
- Walking in the area is completely safe with a 3 minute stroll to the shops at the end of the block, being an ideal distance for those wanting to do some gentle exercise. Here there is a coffee shop, hairdresser, 7.30-7 grocery store, chemist, etc.
- And finally, the caring and nurturing attitude of Liz, Catherine, Zac and Thandie counts for a lot when recovering from a medical procedure.
Hospitals near Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse
We at Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse are fortunate to have hosted many patients who have been recovering after surgery at various Clinics within easy reach of Liz at Lancaster:
- the Rosebank Clinic
- Wits Donald Gordon Medical Institute in nearby Parktown
- Morningside Clinic
- and the Milpark
Several plastic surgeons use Liz at Lancaster for their patients
While we have hosted patients recuperating from a wide range of medical procedures, most of our ‘medical guests’ have been recovering from plastic surgery. Over the years Liz at Lancaster has been fortunate to host patients from many of South Africa’s top plastic surgeons
- Dr. Saul Braun
- Dr Fayman who both practice at the Rosebank Clinic
- Dr Richard Stott at the Wits Donald Gordon Medical Institute , Dr Richard Stott
- Dr Peter Scott who works out of the Morningside Clinic.
Letters of thanks from post-operative patients
Here are just two of the many letters of thanks from our medical patients:
Thank you Liz for everything. I had a really relaxing time with you all. You run a lovely place and I will recommend Liz at Lancaster to anybody who is coming to SA in future. Thank you for the jigsaws – it will be a long time before I will be doing a jigsaw again!. Loved the peace and quiet – it contributed to my fast recuperation. Thank you.
I have now settled back home and into the office as well. I am healing superbly well with only occasional discomfort. I wanted to thank you again for the warm hospitality that you accorded to me during my stay there. It is not every day that I come across the kindness and personal touch with which I was treated – and this extended to Catherine, Zac, Marley [the lovable Labrador] and Rosemary. Thank you again, I look forward to my stay in April.