EATING OUT : THE CODFATHER
Adi – email@example.com compiles a weekly newsletter that focuses on a Joburg event for the week. He’s had some great write-ups. This is newsletter 6
- This week’s pick: Codfather Village Outdoor Event
- Genre: Social culinary experience
- What: On the 27 March an all day social do will take place at the Codfather Village. A morning market will kick-start the event at 10am and from midday the real foodie journey begins. Five course tasting tokens, which you get on arrival, will allow you to sample one of the tasting dishes from each of the standing restaurants. The Codfather offers seafood and sushi, Casa da Galinha serves Mozambican meat cuisine and SISI are the Italian specialists. Dessert and coffee bars (courses 4 and 5) will be stationed in the front shaded courtyard. What a way to spend a day!
- FiftyTwo review: I ♥ JHB (the event brand) sums it up: “Joburg has no ocean nor does it have a mountain, but who needs that when you have a city world famous for its people! And there is simply no better way to celebrate a natural resource so rich in value than an event that brings them all together.”
- Tip: Restaurant hop but be sure to linger with new mates met, on the gastronomic offerings and within the comforts of each restaurant before moving onto the next. Let your day take a mellow course, filled with chat and good music – DJ Ben Kay, The Rocketeers and Goodluck will take to stage and 8 different bars will serve icy cool thirst quenchers. For the rugby lovers – stay on – the Super 14 will be screened.
- Interesting fact: As you browse through the courtyard, picture yourself once roaming the wide open spaces of the bygone Edenburg estate. The operating dairy farm presented a very different atmosphere to the now busy suburb, Rivonia.
- Where: Codfather Village, corner of 1st Ave and Rivonia Rd next to 90 Degrees Shopping centre Book: Tickets are R300pp and it’s recommended that you purchase beforehand – there are only 500 tickets on sale. Book through the reservation line: 011 803 2077 – to see full event details head to www.iluvsa.co.za