Guesthouse accommodation in Craighall Park, Rosebank Region, Johannesburg
The suburb Craighall Park & amenities close byCraighall Park is a wonderful mix of rural country, suburban tranquility and urban convenience. Under 3 km from Rosebank, Joburg’s 3rd largest high-rise commercial, financial and shopping district, and only 7 km from Sandton Central, we are surrounded by green lung areas, have excellent neighbourhood restaurants and a vibrant suburban life with schools, churches and sports facilities.
Click on maps to enlarge
Local shopping centres with banks, grocery stores, chemists and dry cleaners are within walking distance of Liz at Lancaster. The closest is Lancaster Village a 3 minute walk at the end of the block, with a 7-7 grocery store, a chemist, restaurant, pizzeria, dry cleaner, liquor store etc. Craighall Park is situated at the hub of the prestige business and shopping areas of Rosebank, Hyde Park and Sandton and is close to the trendy restaurant meccas of Parkhurst and Greenside. For more see shopping and for more on nearby restaurant see eating out
Sites and places of interest
- Colony Shopping Centre 1.1 km
- Dunkeld West Centre 1.4 km
- Hacklebrook Conference Centre 1.9 km
- Hyde Park shopping Centre 2.3 km
- Rosebank Mall and Rosebank Clinic 2.8 km
- Rosebank: Gautrain 3.9 km
- Wanderers Sports Stadium & Melrose Arch 5 km
- GIBS Business school 5 km
- Wits Donny Gordon Medical Centre 6.5 km
- Sandton City & Sandton Convention Centre 7 km
- Wits University, Braamfontein 7.5 km
- Norwood Mall Rooftop market 8 km
- Joburg Central 9.5 km
- Ellis Park 11 km
- Montecasino 16 km
- Apartheid Museum and Gold Reef City 18 km
- Soweto 30 km but also depends where in Soweto as it is a big area; Hector Pieterson Museum, Khumalo St is about 32 km or 45 minutes away
- Lesedi Cultural Village, Hartebeespoort Dam 39 km
- O. R Tambo airport 39 km (or 25 km depending on the route)
- Cradle of Humankind +/- 45 km depending on where in the Cradle
- Pilanesberg and Sun City 185 km
- Skukuza Camp, Kruger Park 452 km
There is a Planet Fitness Gym in Lancaster Ave about 5 blocks down from Liz at Lancaster (1.4 km).
There are various banks in the area. In Hyde Park shopping centre there are branches of Standard, Nedbank and ABSA and in a centre opposite Hyde Park there is a First National Bank. There are various ATM or cash machines in centres close by.
The Hackle Brooke Conference Centre so 1.6 km from Liz at Lancaster on the Corner Jan Smuts and Conrad Drive 011 789 7992 www.hacklebrooke.co.za
There are few suburbs in Johannesburg where you have all these facilities, yet can go horse riding in the park and have 2 golf courses within 5km.
Craighall Park is desirable suburb for people with young families as although there are no highs schools in the suburb there are several pre-primary schools (eg Fleming Pre-primary Abercorn Ave) and two primary schools: Craighall Park Primary (cr Rothesay and Grosvenor Ave) and St Theresa’s Convent in Rutland Ave
There is a very active Catholic Church 25 Lancaster Ave: Mass times Sunday 7.30; 9.00 and 15.00 For more info phone +27 (0) 11 447 2857.