Services & Facilities offered at Liz at Lancaster, Guesthouse, Johannesburg
In addition to the standard 4 star offerings guests frequently comment on the added extras and the attention to detail here at Liz at Lancaster
- Free Wi-fi connectivity. Although generally South African internet speeds are slow, Liz At Lancaster has connected to one of the country’s first Fibre To The Home (FTTH) networks (100 Mbps) with an Uninterrupted Power Supply to secure connection during load-shedding power outages.
- Large flat screen TV, DSTV/satellite TV with over 25 channels, DVD Player
- Separate entrances with double French doors opening onto enclosed private courtyards so ensuring the luxury of complete tranquility and seclusion
- Generous cupboard space
- Well-equipped kitchenettes/full kitchens offer self-catering options
- Under-carpet heating and under-tile heating/wall heaters in all bathrooms
- Overhead or standing fans. Cross-ventilation and windows and doors that open. The 3 studio flatlets with west facing windows have airconditioning.
- Top quality beds and linen: extra length; electric blankets; pure cotton percale linen; soft Biederlack blankets & cozy duvets for winter; cool lightweight air-cell blankets for summer; choice of feather/non-allergic pillows
- Laptop wall safes – guest encoded
- Exclusive house branded soaps and shampoos with natural ingredients
- Added extras like toweling gowns, hairdryers, swimming towels, international plug adaptors, irons and ironing boards, maps and information files, umbrellas, etc
- On-the-house range of assorted teas and coffee (filter and instant), as well as home-made Muesli rusks and E-spring filter water
- Intercoms from each unit through to staff and the main house
- The Earth room (no steps) is wheel chair accessible with grab handles in shower and bath and next to the toilet. But there IS a step into the shower.
- No smoking inside the rooms. You are free to smoke outside
- Braai/barbecue facilities
General services and facilities
- On-site transport available. For rates see www.lizatlancaster.co.za/info/transport.html
- Excellent security with CCTV camera, remote access to the property, electric fence, and a direct link to security companies
- Guests can relax on loungers by the salt water swimming pool and enjoy the peace of the lush garden surroundings while watching the indigenous wild birds at the feeding tray.
- Meetings can be held on the house patio open to the garden in summer and warmed by a roaring log fire in winter
- Communal computer station for guests who do not bring their own laptops
- Free cellphone hire (deposit payable)
- Tours and recreational activities arranged with free knowledgeable advice on individually designed itineraries
- Ample free secure off-street undercover parking
- In-house laundry service (washing and ironing) with a maximum 24 hour turn around period is provided.
- Almost all diets catered for: vegetarian, halal, gluten free, etc
- For infants we have a camp-cot and high chair, and baby-sitting can be arranged
- Socialized and well-trained pets accepted by prior arrangement
- Breakfasts : continental, health and full cooked prepared to order; served on the breakfast patio at a time that suits you
- Evening meals provided with advance warning, although there are menus for takeout service in the rooms. Plus there are many excellent restaurants in the area. More on Eating Out
- Lunch packages provided on request
- There is a Planet Fitness gym on Lancaster Ave, a mere 1.3 km from Liz at Lancaster
- Extensive library of local material covering Johannesburg and its history and heritage as well as local art and craft. For more see Liz at Lancaster's blog and Twitter and Facebook links