General services and facilities
- Excellent security with CCTV camera, remote access to the property, electric fence, and a direct link to security companies
- Guests can relax on loungers by the salt water swimming pool and enjoy the peace of the lush garden surroundings while watching the indigenous wild birds at the feeding tray.
- Meetings can be held on the house patio open to the garden in summer and warmed by a roaring log fire in winter
- Communal computer station for guests who do not bring their own laptops
- Free cellphone hire (deposit payable)
- Tours and recreational activities arranged with free knowledgable advice on individually designed itineraries
- On-site transport available
- Ample free secure off-street undercover parking
- In-house laundry service (washing and ironing) with a maximum 24 hour turn around period is provided.
- Almost all diets catered for: vegetarian, halal, gluten free, etc
- For infants we have a camp-cot and high chair, and baby-sitting can be arranged
- Socialized and well-trained pets accepted by prior arrangement
- Breakfasts : continental, health and full cooked prepared to order; served on the breakfast patio at a time that suits you
- Evening meals provided with advance warning, although there are menus for takeout service in the rooms. Plus there are many excellent restaurants in the area. More on Eating Out
- Lunch packages provided on request
- Access to Planet Fitness gym along Lancaster Ave
- Extensive library of local material covering Johannesburg and its history and heritage as well as local art and craft. For more see Liz at Lancaster's blog and Twitter and Facebook links
|Stayed May 2011|
The directory of local attractions, maps, restaurants etc was invaluable. Bathroom was immaculate, fluffy towels, dressing gowns and excellent toiletries – up-market
|Stayed Nov 2009|
We very much appreciated the attention to detail - from international plug converters to the list of local radio station tunings (including who each station
|Stayed July 2010|
The electric blankets and under-floor heating are a treat. People forget that Joburg gets cold in winter.
|Regular guest last stay May 2011|
I travel alone as a single woman and feel absolutely, positively safe at Liz at Lancaster.
|Stayed Feb 2011|
The most amazing part about the place is the pool. We spent one afternoon just lounging and having wine as the sun set.
|Stayed August 2008|
Best of all, we were able to utilize the services of Zac to drive us wherever we wanted to go, for dinner out or day trips. Liz also made arrangements for us to tour Soweto with an incredible guide, a man who had been part of the student uprising there and told us his firsthand stories.
|Stayed Sept 2010|
We had 2 weeks of washing and ironing which was completed in a day for a very small fee.