Great way to ease into the week-end with a lunch time classical music concert
Friday Lunch Hour classical concerts at the Old Mutual Theatre on the Square. Every Friday at 12h45 for 1pm. Tickets are only R35 and include coffee and biscuits.
Now you can’t beat that for value for money:
- 1st Feb: Love, life and laughter in Broadway Musicals with a classic touch Miro Chakaryan (violin) and Jacob Swart (piano)
- 8th Feb: Classic Victorian music set to Rudyard Kipling’s Just So Stories and brought to vivid life by leading actor Graham Hopkins and Tony Bentel on the piano
- 15th Feb Zanta Hofmeyr (violin), Morkel Combrink (viola) and Wess Beukes (Cello) performing Gideon Klein’s String Trio and Beethoven’s String Trio Op.9 n
- 1st March Piano for four hands with Laura Pauno and James Redfern from London
Ravel’s Rapsodie Espagnole, Schubert’s Fantasie in f minor D 940 and Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring
- 8th March Jossi Reshef (well-known pianist from Israel) performs works by Beethoven, Chopin and contemporary composers
- 15th March The Goldberg Quartet perform Dvorak’s Piano Quintet Op.81, with Malcom Nay
- 29th March The young South African pianist, Gareth Ross gives a Chopin recital
Start winding down for the week-end with a Friday lunchtime performance.