Launched 11 years ago, RMB WineX is the premier wine event in South Africa. There will be some 1 500 wines available for tasting from the 250 Cape Producers exhibiting. The exhibitor line-up this year includes award-winning producers such as Nederburg, Fleur du Cap, Tokara and Saronsberg, while there will also be newcomers such as Bartinney and Kleinood, as well as specialist cellars such as The Winery of Good Hope. The task of engaging with more than 230 wine exhibitors and 1 300 wines at the show is quite daunting, so showgoers will have access to the WineX comprehensive festival guide and list of wines on the website. Visitors can also convert their best WineX tasting experience into a home consumption opportunity through the Shop@Show facility.
- When: 27-29 October 5-9pm daily
- Where: Sandton Convention Centre
- Price: Early bird price for tickets booked by and including Sunday 24 October are R90 per person. Thereafter and at the door: Wednesday and Thursday nights R100; and Friday night R120. Includes tasting glass and unlimited tastings. Two-night ticket pass for Wednesday and Thursday nights, if booked by 24 October costs R160. Includes tasting glass and unlimited tastingsR90.00 – R120.00
- Book: www.computicket.com or 083 915 8000
- Tip: Given the vast choice of what is on offer, you may prefer to arrange to be driven to and from the Sandton Convention Centre. WineX promotes responsible drinking and its organisers have teamed up this year with Corporate Cabs. To book a Corporate Cab for your evening at WineX, either log onto the Corporate Cabs website (www.corporatecabs.co.za) and follow the WineX link, or phone the call centre on 0800 800 800. All bookings are immediately confirmed by email and you will receive an SMS 1 hour prior to pickup stating your driver’s name and cell number.